Founded in 1997 as the Pro Cantu Youth Choir, the internationally acclaimed Cape Town Youth Choir is proud to provide an opportunity for young
South Africans to sing in a choir of the highest standards whilst delivering a moving musical experience to its audiences.
We are based in Cape Town and currently rehearse twice a week (on Tuesday and Friday evenings) at Jan van Riebeeck High School
in Kloof Street. Membership is open to everyone between the ages of 17 and 30 that have passed the audition.
Since its start in 1997, the choir has proven itself both in South Africa and on the international stage. Some of the
* 2002 Winners of the "Choir of the World" title at the Llangollen International Eisteddfod in Wales
* 2006 Winners of a gold medal at the 4th World Choir Games in Xiamen, China
* 2008 Crowned as a "Champion of the World Choir Games" by winning the Musica Sacra category
at the 5th World Choir Games in Graz, Austria
* 2011 Winners of two gold medals at the 2nd Grand Prix of Choral Music in Austria, Graz.
* During international tours Pro Cantu has sung in Carnegie Hall (New York, 2008), Salisbury Cathedral
(2008 and 2011), St Paul's Cathedral (London, 2008), Grosse Aula (Salzburg, 2011. This venue was
home to Mozart when he lived in Salzburg).
* At the beginning of December last year (2011) we recorded music for the sound track of a
scene in a new BBC2 mini-series, "Labyrinth".
Some of the choir members also goy to play the roles of extras in the film shoot.
To subscribe to our newsletter, please send an email to email@example.com with SUBSCRIBE as the